|10.29.2013 – Man of Steel release for the home edition via DVD and Blu-ray has arrived in the Philippines. The Asian release edition of the blockbuster hit from DC Entertainment was sighted at local shops available at Region 3 format.
What arrived are the DVD & Blu-ray Gift Set with limited Superman and General Zod 1/16 scale figurines from DC Collectibles which are sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios.
For the high end movie enthusiasts is the 3D Limited Collector’s Edition which features a metal ‘S’ complete with stand.
The DVD & Blu-ray Gift Set that has the figures can’t be acquired as a single purchase. You need to purchase two separate editions either Blu-ray or DVD to get both figures which is priced at PhP 1,200.00 pesos ($ 27.84 US Dollars). There’s another edition which still include one figure that comes with a Babe Ruth chocolate tin case retailed at PhP 1,500.00 pesos ($34.79 US Dollars)
The 3D Limited Collector’s featuring a large metal ‘S’ and transparent stand is only a Blu-ray format which is priced at PhP 7,550.00 pesos ($175.13 US Dollars).
Details of the home edition release for the 3D Limited Collector’s Edition here:
The fate of mankind is in the hands of one man when “Man of Steel” arrives onto 3D Limited Collector’s Edition from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. In “Man of Steel,” Clark Kent is forced to confront his extraterrestrial past and embrace his hidden powers when Earth is threatened with destruction.
From Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures comes “Man of Steel,” starring Henry Cavill in the role of Clark Kent/Kal-El under the direction of Zack Snyder.
The film also stars four-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams (“The Master,” 2012), Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (“Revolutionary Road,” 2008), Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (“Dances with Wolves,” 1990), Oscar® nominee Diane Lane (“Unfaithful,” 2002), Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It,” 1993), Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, and Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (“Gladiator,” 1992).
“Man of Steel” is produced by Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer from a story by Goyer & Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Entertainment. Thomas Tull, Lloyd Phillips and Jon Peters served as executive producers.
“Man of Steel” will be available as 3D Limited Collector’s Edition. The 3D Limited Collector’s Edition features the theatrical version of the film in 3D hi-definition, hi-definition and standard definition, and also includes a limited release metal “S” glyph with Lucite glass stand.
A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.
BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS[SOURCE: comingsoon.net]
“Man of Steel” Blu-ray 3D Limited Collector’s Edition contains the following special features:
• Journey of Discovery: Creating “Man of Steel” – This immersive feature-length experience allows you to watch the movie with director Zack Snyder and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and others as they share the incredible journey to re-imagine Superman.
• Strong Characters, Legendary Roles – Explore the legendary characters of the Superman mythology and how they have evolved in this new iteration of the Superman story.
• All-Out Action – Go inside the intense training regimen that sculpted Henry Cavill into the Man of Steel and Michael Shannon and Antje Traue into his Kyptonian nemeses. This includes interviews with cast and crew.
• Krypton Decoded – Dylan Sprayberry (Clark Kent, age 13) gives the lowdown on all the amazing Krypton tech, weapons and spaceships featured in “Man of Steel.”
• Planet Krypton – The world’s first exploration of Krypton and its lost society.